About Zion Lutheran Church…
Our mission at Zion Lutheran Church is to unite God’s children in our local community and beyond by encouraging God’s children, through his church, to grow a personal relationship with Jesus Christ based on his example of forgiveness and service to others.
Zion Lutheran Church is a loving, caring congregation deeply devoted to being servants of Jesus Christ and following his example, while giving witness of his church. We embrace and celebrate our Lutheran heritage, while always seeking innovative and meaningful ways to communicate biblical truths through inspiring worship and relevant bible studies.
United and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we will reach out to all people and share the good news of Jesus Christ. Celebrating baptism and holy communion, and guided by the bible and prayer, we will be energized and better equipped to meet life’s challenges. We will love, care for, encourage, and serve one another in love, reflecting Jesus’ example. We will dedicate our lives and resources to expand the kingdom of god both locally and throughout the world.
Zion Lutheran Church has a rich history in our community as a giving and growing church. We will continue to build on that history. Our challenges, successes, and our faith will inspire us to do more and be more.
Our Core Beliefs
We believe, teach and confess these true elements of the Christian Faith:
- The Triune God is the only true God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- All people are born sinful.
- By nature, all people lack the ability turn toward God and to follow Him.
- By nature, all people are under a sentence of death and eternal punishment.
- Jesus Christ is God’s Son who is both true God, born without sin and also true Man, born of the Virgin Mary.
- Jesus Christ, who followed God’s heart and His plan for us perfectly, died on the cross to pay the price for our sins.
- Jesus Christ rose again from the dead giving us a new birth of faith in his resurrection.
- We are justified (made right) with God, not by our actions, but solely by the undeserved kindness of God in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit delivers new life through the Good News present in all its forms: the Bible, Baptism, and Lord’s Supper.
- The Christian life is one of continual repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, which produces the good works that please God.
- We are called to make disciples of all nations.
- The Church is present wherever believers are gathered about Jesus Christ and His gifts.
- Holy Baptism works rebirth and renewal, it delivers and applies the forgiveness of sins, and it joins the baptized to Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection.
- The Lord’s Supper is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ given under bread and wine, for the forgiveness of sins.
- Jesus Christ will come again in glory to judge all people.
- Those who reject Jesus Christ in unbelief are condemned to hell and to eternal punishment.
- Those who trust Jesus Christ for forgiveness experience life and joy in heaven forever.
- The Bible is the very “breath of God” and therefore it is without mistakes or errors of any kind.
- The Bible is the only authority for spiritual understanding, teaching, and life.
- Through the Law, the Bible reveals sins
- The Bible also reveals the Savior through the Good News (which restores the sinner to new life).
- The Christian faith is correctly explained in the confessions of the Lutheran church.
If you would like to learn more about our Lutheran Church body, specifically the beliefs of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, click here.